Retool and Reskill this November with Concord's Azure AI Training Sessions.
It will be exciting to see the community at the computer courses taking place on the 28th!
Concord Residents Have the Opportunity to Take Weekend Courses in Design and Implementation of AI Technology From Saturday 28th of November.
COVID restrictions have provided many people with the opportunity to consider a career path to change or develop their existing information technology skills. Microsoft is offering instructor-led courses on its Azure AI technology and providing certification for completion of the course. Azure AI is a web-bots system that can be applied to problem-solving or customer service portals for businesses. Each weekend you can learn more about the design and implementation of this new technology and potentially grow your income or start a journey toward an original career path.
- Weekend Courses run through November from the 27th onwards and are flexible to suit your time constraints.
- These courses are taking place in the IT Training Center of Concord, New Hampshire
- The course runs for six weekends offering four hours of tuition across Saturday and Sunday with practical experience and problem solving for real-life scenarios.
Adverse weather conditions in the coming months could lead to flooding on your property. Contact SERVPRO of Concord at (603) 225-2825 for emergency mitigation and restoration.
When Property Fires Cause Smoke and Odor, Concord Residents Trust Us to Perform the Cleanup.
Fire damage can happen quite unexpectedly. Make sure your family and pets are safe and then contact SERVPRO for remediation services.
SERVPRO of Concord is Here to Help Residents Return their Homes to a Pre-loss Condition after Fire.
At the heart of New Hampshire is Concord. As one of the first 13 states in America, our community has a rich history that still attracts national attention when we host the first primary presidential election every four years. It is fitting that, as one of the original states of the Union, our community is home to several indigenous tribes, including Sokoki, Pennacook, and Winnipesaukee peoples, direct descendants of the Androscoggin and Pennacook nations who lived along the Merrimack River. Modern-day Concord stands out thanks to its thriving real-estate, craft beer, and a history that continues to influence the broader United States. Today, visitors come to experience the stunning gold-domed state house of 1819, explore the numerous hiking trails and enjoy theater at the Capitol Center for the Arts.
Our state also goes by another name: ?The Granite State; in the mid-19th century, prospectors tapped into the abundant resources of their surroundings, creating quarries, at one point employing over 1,000 workers for mining and transportation, that remains to this day. We still produce some of the finest marble and granite for shipping all over the world. Swenson Gray granite is perhaps what we are most famous for and is the material used in the Library of Congress and parts of the Washington Monument. Over 350,000 cubic feet was taken from the Hollis Quarry and shipped to Washington for these buildings and, closer to home, the State House, Savings Bank, and Public Library are the most notable local buildings made from Swenson Gray Granite.
New Hampshire (NH) by numbers
- NH borders Canada, Maine, the Atlantic, Vermont, and Massachusetts, spanning over 9,000 miles of forestry, mountains, and rivers.
- Concord, NH hosts the first in the nation presidential primary every four years as one of America's 13 original states and the ninth to ratify?
- Manchester and Nashua makeup two of the biggest cities in New Hampshire, with Concord as the Capital City.
The Secret History of Concord
Concord and wider New Hampshire was an active part of the abolitionist movement. In the 19th century, many African Americans passed through Concord and neighboring Portsmouth to escape slavery. The secret network of railways and safehouses through these smaller towns became known as the underground railway and is thought to have helped more than 30,000 people escape into Canada. New Hampshire is home to the abolitionist movement's critical figureheads, including Nathanial Peabody and William Lloyd Garrison. They helped to foster an anti-slavery coalition that spread across the state. We commemorate these activists' bravery at the New Hampshire Historical Society building on Park Street, which functions as an academic library and Museum to visitors all year round.
Exploring nature in Concord and New Hampshire
Every year thousands of people visit Concord to experience the great outdoors. Our state features exquisite forestry, riverine flows, and mountainous peaks. There are endless opportunities for outdoor activities suited to all ages and skills. Among our favorites are the walking trails, kayaking, boating, golf, and biking trails.
- Kayaking in Concord rivals any other state in the US, with many ponds and lakes and five rivers. Beginners can rent equipment and gear from the Bear Brook State Park. At the same time, experienced thrill-seekers can engage with the white water challenges afforded by Henniker, Contoocook river, and Warner on the Black River.
- Mountain Biking trails for both beginner and advanced levels are abundant in the forests and state-parks surrounding Concord. Dirt trails in the Fox State Forest and Hopkinton-Everett Reservoir attract world-class mountain bikers throughout the year. Our annual Mountain Bike Festival takes place a short ride away in Pats Peak Ski Area, Henniker, for enthusiasts.
- Concord offers some of the finest Golf Courses in the US for those who like to take things a little slower. The oldest public golf course Beaver Meadows and Canterbury Woods, are among our favorites.
The capital region is used to welcoming guests who stopover at the Lakes Region or the White Mountains. Downtown Concord offers a wide variety of foods and drinks for travelers. Storrs Street plays host to our very own Craft Brewing Company, and you can trip further afield to the Northwoods Brewing Company on the 1st New Hampshire Turnpike. Alternatively, tuck into some fine dining at Whiskey & Wine or the Tuscan Kitchen, located on Main Street.
SERVPRO Provides World-Class Cleanup of Fire and Smoke Damages for Concord Residents.
Housefires can occur from a variety of sources and can cause severe damage to your property and belongings. Naked flames from candles, unattended stoves, and furnace puff backs are among the most common non-lethal fires that can affect your home by staining walls or fittings with smoke residues and odors. Sometimes, water in the firefighting procedure can further exacerbate your home's condition by causing soots to become wet. To secure your home against further damages, it is best to enlist a qualified fire restoration service. SERVPRO has dedicated technicians that can enter your property, assess damages, and put in place vital restoration or mitigation procedures. We operate night and day to ensure that residents can reach us immediately after a property fire.
- Expert assessment and documenting of the condition of the property as well as belongings. These testing procedures are endorsed by the institute of inspection, cleaning, and restoration certifications' (IICRC) S500 guidelines. By testing the area, we can provide a working estimate and test the cleanability of items in the home.
- SERVPRO trucks are stocked with a full range of acidic and alkaline cleaning agents. We can dissolve stubborn soot using solvents to effectively remove them from walls, ceilings, and exterior walls. Our technicians have experience and expertise in applying these cleaning agents.
- Our carpet cleaning range includes pre-conditioning of rugs and showcases cleaning for properties that suffer from severe fire damages. Rotary machines can often be used to buffer carpets and return them to their preloss condition after a fire emergency.
If you are unfortunate enough to experience a house fire, you can gain our trained technicians' assistance. Contact SERVPRO of Concord at (603) 225-2825.
How Do Concord Storeowners Protect Their Merchandise After a Flood?
For 24/7 assistance after a flood, contact SERVPRO of Concord at (603) 225-2825.
SERVPRO Warehouses the Merchandise from Your Concord Shop in an Offsite Location
For an immediate solution following a flood in your Concord business and before professional assistance arrives, it is critical to get your merchandise physically away from the floodwater. You may remove it and store it offsite or store it above the flood line to ensure its safety. Once our emergency mitigation team arrives, they can inventory your items, assess the merchandise's damage, and place it in a secure offsite storage facility. Technicians keep an inventory list for each step of the cleaning and storage process, ensuring everything comes back to you in the best condition possible.
Can Business Remain Operational After a Flood?
Flood damage in your Concord damage can be devastating, both to you and the business. The quicker items are up off the floor and away from excess moisture, and your shop is dry, the faster you can get back to business. SERVPRO technicians understand the importance of safe and efficient restoration procedures. One of the most critical steps in the restoration process is drying your merchandise and the shop structure itself.
What are Some Low-Profile Options for Drying the Business?
• Technicians use air movers that are close to the ground and can be placed in inconspicuous areas, facing the walls, so they do not impede business.
• If floors sustain flood damage, SERVPRO technicians may place drying mats flat on the floor to dry the floors using heat from an Injectidry machine adequately.
• Technicians can place dehumidifiers behind the register or in a backroom to remove excess moisture while still being out of the way.
For 24/7 assistance after a flood, contact SERVPRO of Concord at (603) 225-2825. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Why Choose a Fire Damage Restoration Crew that Focuses on Restoring Items?
If you need a company you can trust, call SERVPRO of Concord for any of your water or fire restoration needs.
Concord Residents Keen to Cut the Cost of Fire Damage Restoration.
People living in Concord hope they never have to deal with the aftermath of a blaze in their home, but unfortunately, not even the best precautions can guarantee it will not happen. One of the biggest concerns following a loss event is the cost of restoring your home and replacing burned personal belongings.
If you need fire damage restoration in Concord, it is natural to be concerned about the cost. It is also normal to worry about the emotional and financial impact of losing your personal items. There are so many things you may need to replace after a fire, such as:
- Damaged cookware and kitchen utensils
- Handheld devices and other electronics
- Clothes and linens
- Furniture and textiles
- Hobby and craft items
SERVPRO understands how stressful it is to think about replacing all you have lost, which is why we put our focus on restoration rather than replacement.
Restoration vs. replacement – what is the difference?
Replacement means ditching the fire-damaged items in your home and buying new ones. In some cases, it is unavoidable. However, in many cases, a professional restoration team can work wonders with your soot-damaged belongings and restore them “Like it never even happened.”
There are several benefits to SERVPRO’s restoration-first approach:
- You do not have to throw out smoke-damaged personal items
- Keeping familiar furniture and belongings can help with the stress of a fire loss situation
- There is a better chance of being able to save family heirlooms and keepsakes
- It costs less to clean and restore most items than it does to replace them
- The lower cost makes it easier to make an insurance claim
How do SERVPRO technicians know what to save?
We train our technicians in every aspect of fire remediation, which includes assessing smoke-damaged materials.
The first thing we do upon arrival at your home is to secure the area. If there are structural damage issues, electrical hazards, or slip and fall hazards from water and chemicals, we take care of those first. The safety of your family and our crew is our priority.
Once the area is secure, we assess the damage to both structure and contents. We start at the epicenter of the blaze and work our way outwards. Some items are beyond salvage. For example, clothes where some material has been burned away, or electronic items that are warped and unusable. However, there might be many salvageable items, too. Soot-blackened furniture and textiles are often salvageable, along with personal belongings, drapes, and carpets.
We sort your belongings into those we can save, those we cannot, and those we need to decide on later. SERVPRO of Concord staff will take inventory of everything before removing or disposing of it. This ensures we keep track of your items and is also useful for liaising with your insurance company.
Can you restore smoke-damaged furniture?Yes – the careful application of brushing, HEPA vacuuming, and cleaning solutions can work wonders on wood or metal furniture. We can also apply spot cleaning agents to stained upholstery or cushions. If the furniture still smells bad, we can use both spot treatments and thermal fogging to get into hard to reach places and resolve odors.
Is there anything that SERVPRO cannot restore?
There are some items that we do not recommend attempting to restore after a fire:
- Fresh food – dispose of any fresh food that was within the vicinity of the blaze
- Any canned or packet food that was within reach of the smoke and heat – the seals can become unstable, allowing dangerous firefighting chemicals into the packages and also increasing the risk of mold growth
- Cosmetics that were within the range of smoke or heat – soot and heat can alter the chemical composition and render them unsafe for use
- Medicines – ask your doctor for a new prescription
Is it true that it is not possible to salvage textiles and linens?
Some people claim that it is impossible to save smoke-damaged textiles and linens. This is not true. We can send soft materials out to our specialist cleaning facility for restoration. We have a range of spot cleaners, ultrasonic cleaners, and gentle but powerful ESPORTA hydraulic machines on hand to wash your clothes, shoes, sheets, and towels, and restore them to their preloss condition.
As well as dealing with individual items, we clean the walls, ceilings, and floors to remove soot stains. We clean inside the HVAC system and take care of any structural repairs, such as replacing drywall or wooden floors.
For fire damage restoration designed to save your precious belongings, call SERVPRO of Concord at (603) 225-2825.
Large Amounts of Water Spilling onto Wood Floors, What Now?
Do you know how to dry hardwood floors? SERVPRO does. We have the equipment and knowledge to make it, "Like it never even happened."
Wet Flooring Can Frequently Return to Good Condition by Using Water Damage Restoration Services. SERVPRO has Qualified Technicians for the Concord Area
Do wood floors dry quickly?
Wood floors can vary significantly in the material, making each Concord restoration service different. Hardwood floors respond in other ways to drying methods than those that use laminate. Equally, the type of varnish on the floor can influence how much moisture it absorbs. When water intrudes into your property, it begins to migrate and soak into materials immediately. The length of time a water restoration takes is dependent on how long items have exposure to moisture and how much moisture is absorbed. SERVPRO technicians have several techniques to ensure that your home returns to dry state as quickly as possible.
What equipment is useful for drying floors efficiently?
- Moisture probes to enable technicians to understand the extent of water intrusion
- Air-movers and dehumidifiers to create the ideal drying conditions
- In some cases, stripping agents to remove part or all surface finishes
How can floors dry faster?
The principle of water damage restoration in your Concord home relies upon creating the ideal conditions for drying. These conditions are created by adjusting the psychrometric atmosphere within the area to maximize drying efficiency. Flat-lay drying can make a smaller drying area that increases the speed that floors dry. SERVPRO technicians can seal an airtight plastic sheet across the floor, sticking it down with either water-proof tape or sandbags. Air-movers can then be adapted with a flex hose to inflate the sheet creating a concentrated drying tent. Using smaller drying areas can improve the speed of drying and prevent floors from sustaining permanent water damage.
What other methods help to dry flooring?
- Placing drying mats across a large surface area to draw out moisture
- Wet/dry vacuuming of the affected area
- Removing floorboards to dry the subfloor below
Wooden floors are recoverable after most types of water intrusion. Contact SERVPRO of Concord at (603) 225-2825 now.
Should I Spray Visible Mold Under My Sink With Bleach?
Call SERVPRO for your mold issues today. We know what needs to be done.
If you find mold in your Concord home, you need professional remediation from SERVPRO technicians
Bleach is excellent for making dirty clothes white; however it is a poor substitute for professional mold remediation. In some cases, SERVPRO techs have found more significant damage done from the application of bleach, which is corrosive. Plus, the fumes from the bleach can remain, particularly in areas with poor ventilation, and irritate individuals with asthma or other respiratory conditions.
How Do I Know Where the Mold Damage is Within My Home?
There are sure signs to look for when you suspect mold damage is present in your Concord home such as:
- Musty odor
- Visible mold colonies
- Deterioration of sheetrock or other building materials
- Water stains coming through walls or ceilings may harbor mold on the other side
Is There a Way to Remove Mold Colonies From Sheetrock?
When a mold infestation establishes itself under a sink or other area, it can spread across sheetrock, a favorite consumable for mold, and the outcome is generally poor for the building materials. SERVPRO technicians disrupt the conditions allowing spore germination and mold growth by bringing the humidity levels inside the home to below 50%.
Sheetrock that has mold growing on it needs careful removal. SERVPRO techs carefully cut away the deteriorated portions and leave undamaged sheetrock in place to minimize the number of repairs needed on the wall or ceiling. The insulation will also require removal and disposal. If mold is growing on the studs, the techs dry the area and monitor the air moisture levels carefully. Once the colonies dry, they are brittle and flaky. The techs remove them by hand with gentle lifting and the use of a hand vac with HEPA filtration to capture any airborne spores that get stirred up. The stubborn dried matter gets removed through the use of soda or ice blasting that removes it without marring surfaces.
When mold damage is the problem in your home, call SERVPRO of Concord at (603) 225-2825. The certified technicians have extensive experience in mold remediation and can assist in the cleaning and restoration of your property.
To learn more about Concord, click here.
What is the Best Local Water Removal Service in Concord?
Regardless how the water gets to your Concord home, SERVPRO has you covered from start to finish.
The Most Effective Water Removal Service in Concord is SERVPRO.
Various unexpected problems could cause serious water issues in your Concord home. Some of these are immediately noticeable, while others could take weeks or even months to make themselves known. Catastrophic pipe ruptures, resulting from freezing pipes, are relatively common causes of standing water in your residence. Leaky roofs and clogged gutters are others, less immediately noticeable sources of water problems. Yet other culprits of such troubles are malfunctioning appliances and rusted out water containers. That said, regardless of how the water got there, SERVPRO is uniquely skilled in removing it from your home, mitigating its impact, and restoring any resulting damage.
What Are SERVPRO’s Unique Qualifications?
We have built a strong reputation as one of the most trusted and highly effective Concord water removal services. This is a testament to both our technicians’ advanced skills and dedication to customer satisfaction. A few of our remarkable achievements and accolades are:
- We have successfully served our neighbors for the past twenty-eight years and been recognized as one of the best-performing SERVPRO franchises in New Hampshire
- Our technicians have been widely recognized as water damage restoration specialists and are individually certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) in water damage restoration, applied structural drying, applied microbial remediation, carpet cleaning, and rug cleaning
- Customers have often praised us for how we never consider a job complete until they are pleased with the work we have performed
- We have achieved perfect 5-star customer satisfaction ratings on both Facebook and Yelp Reviews
As you can see, our dedicated professionals have established an excellent rapport with those they serve. Over the past twenty-eight years, they have become well-known as knowledgeable and trustworthy water removal and remediation experts.
How Does SERVPRO Remove Water from Properties and Restore It to Its Former Condition?
In dealing with your water problem, we follow a well-planned, time-tested process. This process generally involves the following steps:
- The initial contact stage, when we collect your contact details and ask several important questions about what may have caused your particular situation
- Next, workers perform a thorough inspection of your home, locating and blocking the responsible water sources, identifying the contamination level of the water, and assessing your residence’s water-related damage
- Then, they extract the standing water from your house with powerful pumps and extractors
- Afterward, they move or otherwise protect your household contents from further damage
- Then, we dry your residence with state-of-the-art dehumidifiers and monitor the drying process with moisture sensors and meters, as well as thermohygrometers
- Next, our technicians clean, disinfect, and deodorize all impacted surfaces using various cleaning methods and advanced chemical agent-aerosolizing foggers
- Finally, if necessary, company workers remove irreparable structural elements, install new drywall, repair or replace floorings, fully reconstruct destroyed rooms or other parts of your home, and repaint walls and ceilings
In following this procedure, performing both cleaning and rebuilding functions, and always trying to restore water-damaged materials first, rather than simply replacing them, SERVPRO saves you time and money.
What Are Some of the Special Advantages of Using SERVPRO?
There are several notable benefits of using our company. These involve, among other things, our innovative service offerings, access to massive amounts of manpower, extensive arsenal of high-tech equipment, and meticulous methods. The following are just some of the advantages of enlisting our help:
- We enable you to establish an Emergency READY Profile (ERP) with us, so that we know crucial information about your property and can develop a clear plan of action before a crisis occurs
- As a locally owned and operated franchise that is also affiliated with a large nationwide chain, we can draw on the manpower and equipment resources of 1,700 stores and be onsite quickly to solve your water problems
- Our high-tech, commercial-grade equipment, like truck-mounted extractors, can successfully remediate your home even if your electric is off
- We provide move-out services and temporary storage to protect your furniture and other possessions while we are restoring your residence
- Company technicians meticulously keep track of your household contents and expertly plan and monitor the drying process
- Our staff, trained in insurance matters, handles all the insurance paperwork for you
In these ways, we take care of you from the beginning of the remediation process to its conclusion. Ultimately, all of our efforts are focused on trying to eliminate as many of the headaches associated with your water event as we can.
So, whenever your home is affected by a water issue or you are preparing for one ahead of time, remember that your neighbors at SERVPRO of Concord can help. Call us at (603) 225-2825 for assistance.
How Can I Recover Lost Documents From a Flooded Property?
Document drying is a specialty service that could preserve precious or vital papers in your home.
Passports, Birth Certificates, and Other Documents Can Be Lost After Flooding. SERVPRO Offers Concord Residents Specialty Document Drying for Flood Damage Victims.
What documents can be recovered after flooding?
Many crucial documents are stored digitally, which can protect you should your Concord home become flooded. However, some essential paperwork may not have a digital backup or hold sentimental value. Many document losses from floods include legal paperwork, books, accounting, insurance documents, or identification. Emotional papers may consist of photographs, letters, and artwork. SERVPRO technicians are experts at restoring the contents and structure of a flooded home. We include specialist document drying among services. While it is not possible to reverse the water impact on paperwork, we can stop further deterioration through mitigation and advanced drying techniques. In some situations, these methods can return documents in a usable or workable condition providing that we are informed of the status with enough time to perform the necessary mitigation tasks.
How does document recovery work?
When there is flood damage in your Concord home, it is not only the contents and structure that is affected but everything that you collect over the years. We can control cost depending on the length of exposure, the value of the documents, and the type of water damage sustained; clean, grey, or black. Books that are damaged by clean water are often saveable, providing they are dried within the first forty-eight hours and have an exposure time of under twenty-four hours. We can offer Vacuum freeze-drying or vacuum thermal-drying, although these methods can be expensive and should be reserved for valuable documents. Communicating with us quickly about potentially relevant documents can aid the recovery process significantly.
Document drying is a specialty service that could preserve precious or vital papers in your home. Contact SERVPRO of Concord at (603) 225-2825 immediately to ensure that documents do not suffer irreversible harm.
Why Do I Need Help with Cleanup After a Fire?
After a fire incident takes place. You can trust that your home is in good hands with the experienced technicians at SERVPRO.
SERVPRO’s Skilled Technicians Use Industry-Proven Methods at Your Concord Home to Execute Effective Fire Damage Restoration.
Any fire damage within your Concord property can bring about post-event residue and hazardous chemicals. Expert restoration services help clean these stubborn residues and ensure that your interior is left like before the fire incident. Our SERVPRO crew also takes future hazards such as mildew and mold growth into consideration, which might develop if any moisture lingers from first responders extinguishing the flames.
Why Can’t Fire Restoration Be a DIY Project?
There are several reasons that make skilled fire damage restoration in Concord better than do-it-yourself methods alone, including:
- Industrial-grade vacuums pull up all traces of soot, smoke, chemicals, and ash.
- Odor eliminators quell odorous particulates from burnt substances like wood, plastic, and other materials.
- We perform a detailed inspection to help us identify and then safely remove any salvageable items for cleaning.
- We know what items are beyond repair and dispose of them properly.
- Controlled demolition using skilled building and reconstruction services allows us to replace any studs, drywall, window panes, and subflooring that had to get removed.
- Our fire and smoke damage restoration technicians take steps to secure any areas during the renovation by way of plastic sheeting or other protective measures.
Each of these aspects points to the utter importance of calling in the help of restoration pros whenever you have a fire, big or small, within your home. It is vital that you consider all of the hazards involved with fire cleanup and know that our crew always arrives wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Even a small kitchen fire extinguished quickly can leave behind odorous materials that bring a constant reminder of the incident.
We are Faster to Any Size Disaster here at SERVPRO of Concord, and you can count on us for 24/7 emergency service should you require fire damage restoration. To have a crew deployed to your property, call us at (603) 225-2825.
See more about Concord.
A Burst Pipe Led To Water Damage In My Concord Living Room – Is Everything Lost?
Our crews understand how crucial immediate water extraction is to restoring your home quickly.
Water Damage Mitigation in Concord is One of SERVPRO’s Specialties – We Can Work with You to Establish What Can Be Restored
Things like burst pipes are common reasons for water intrusion in Concord homes. Gallons of water can stream into your home in a very short time. If your living room was impacted, it could mean water damaged furniture, carpets, and bookcases.
My Carpet is New – Can It Be Saved?
Water from pipes is typically clean water, which means your carpet has a good chance of restoration. Water extraction in your Concord home is going to be the initial priority. Three methods work well in restoring carpets to preloss condition. These include:
• Deluxe precondition and rinse works well on moderate to heavily soiled carpets. Our technicians use a cleaning product that is applied to the rug and remains on it for 10 – 15 minutes. An extraction wand can then be used along with a rinsing solution or water.
• Rotary jet extraction does much of the same as the Deluxe method, but an RX-20 device is used. This is a rotary jet device that agitates the carpet while compressing the fibers to extract water.
• The Showcase method is an excellent choice in carpet cleaning as the rug gets cleaned twice. The technicians use a special cleaner and rinsing agent to improve the PH levels making the item easier to clean.
Furniture & Drapes
If you caught the plumbing problem in time, the furniture might not have suffered much damage. Our water damage restoration experts are often able to mitigate any water damage that affected upholstered furniture, wood furniture, and drapes. They can dry the content and carpet using powerful air movers and dehumidifiers.
There is no reason your living room content should be lost. Our crews understand how crucial immediate water extraction is to restoring your home quickly. Contact SERVPRO of Concord at (603) 225-2825 for service that is, Faster to Any Size Disaster.